United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Workers’ Compensation
Pennsylvania State University (B.A., 2000)
Phone Number : (610) 666-8428
Fax Number : (610) 666-7704
Vcard: Download Here
Park Pointe at Lower Providence
970 Rittenhouse Road Suite 300
Valley Forge, PA 19403
New Jersey Office
302 Harper Drive, Suite 205
Moorestown, NJ 08057
View A Location Map
ABBEY R. LACHEEN is a partner of The Chartwell Law Offices, LLP and serves as the managing partner of the firm’s New Jersey practice and Workers’ Compensation Coordinator of the firm’s Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York departments. She is also a member of the firm’s Medicare Set-Aside team and is active within the firm’s legal education outreach initiatives.
Ms. Lacheen devotes her entire practice to workers’ compensation defense litigation, providing experienced, responsive and dedicated counsel to self-insured employers, insurance companies and governmental/quasi-governmental agencies. She is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, making her one of the few attorneys in her field to actively handle the complex issues which arise in cross-border workers’ compensation matters.
Her knowledge and commitment to her clients, as well as her professionalism toward her adversaries, has resulted in her being selected as a "Rising Star" numerous times by the special edition of Super Lawyers magazine, an honor given to the top 2.5 percent of attorneys in the state who are 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less. Additionally, Ms. Lacheen has authored several articles on workers’ compensation issues and regularly conducts educational seminars for clients across the country.
Ms. Lacheen is a 2000 graduate of The Pennsylvania State University, where she specialized in speech communications, and a 2003 graduate of Widener University School of Law. At Widener, she was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society and a finalist in the 2003 Delaware/Harrisburg Moot Court Competition. She was also a Certified Legal Intern in the Pennsylvania Civil Law Clinic, where she represented clients in court and advised on a variety of legal issues.
Professional AssociationsPennsylvania Bar Association
New Jersey Bar Association
American Bar Association
- The Chartwell Law Offices, LLP traveling to New Orleans, LA for the 2015 RIMS Annual Conference & Exhibition
- Stomp Out Smoking...Stomp Out Claims...
- Calculating Interest: Making the "Compound" "Simple"
- Abbey Lacheen will be presenting the Litigation/Case Law Update at the New Jersey Self-Insurers’ Association’s Business MeetingAbbey Lacheen will be presenting the Litigation/Case Law Update at the New Jersey Self-Insurers’ Association’s Business Meeting...
- Churchill Casualty/MAC Casualty Pennsylvania and New Jersey Focus Group – “Pennsylvania and New Jersey Workers’ Compensation and ADA interplays”, August 4, 2010
- “Strategies to Limit Exposure on Pennsylvania and New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Claims,” Willis, April 7, 2010
- “Updated Medicare Regulations Effecting Workers’ Compensation Settlements: Medicare and Attorney Perspectives,” Montgomery Bar Association Annual CLE Program, October 2009
- “Stomp Out Smoking…Stomp Out Claims…” New Jersey Self-Insurers Association Bulletin, August 2009
- “Strategies to Limit Your Exposure on Pennsylvania and New Jersey Claims,” The Healthcare Industry Workers’ Compensation Forum, June 12, 2009
- “Fundamentals of New Jersey and Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Practice,” Churchill Casualty Workers’ Compensation Focus Group, May 21, 2009
- “Basic New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Practice for Adjusters,” Maine Employers Mutual Indemnity Company, February 13, 2008
- Numerous educational client seminars and training sessions for self-insured employers, insurance carriers, and third party administrators on various issues in dealing with Pennsylvania and New Jersey workers’ compensation claims, including “Comp
- Calculating Interest Making the Compound Simple"Calculating Interest: Making the ‘Compound’ ‘Simple,’” Pennsylvania Self-Insurers’ Association publication, January 2007 "Basic New Jersey Workers’ Compensation...